The truly definitive collection of this living legend’s body of work as a solo artist.
‘Fire In The Blood’ is the biggest and most complete collection of Shaky’s recordings ever undertaken - a celebration of the chievements of an enduring artist whose chart statistics, however phenomenal, tell only part of his story. From his solo debut album on Track Records, ‘Shakin’ Stevens’, to the recent success of the album ‘Echoes Of Our Times’.
Stevens shares with the Beatles (60s), and Elton John (70s), the distinction of being the most successful UK singles chart performer of a decade (80s), as confirmed by the Guinness Book of British Hit Singles and Albums. His success was mirrored throughout Europe and Internationally, earning Platinum and Double Platinum, and Gold awards for his albums and singles.
The release takes its name from the extended essay, exclusive to this release, by renowned writer Paul Sexton, which maps Shaky’s rise to fame from humble beginnings.
The collector of Shaky’s releases will find a host of other content and rarities in this super deluxe career defining release, including:
- 12” X 12” bound hardback Book-pack containing extended essay by Paul Sexton.
- 19 CDs with 266 career-spanning tracks – many never previously available. Includes all of Shaky’s studio albums as a solo artist, from his first signing and album on Track Records, to his latest studio album, ‘Echoes Of Our Times’, + 4 rarities discs with live, rare and previously unreleased tracks.
- Shaky’s first ever ‘live’ album release – taken from his 2019 tour of Europe and the UK, debuted on this unique release.
- Historic live concert recorded at the Paris Theatre, London, for BBC Radio 1 in 1980
- Two previously unreleased recordings
- Reproduced ultra-rare promo poster
- ‘Oh Julie’ sheet music
- 3 X 12”x12” art prints of Shakin’ Stevens
- 36 page Bespoke Tour Programme
- Autograph book, personally signed by Shakin’ Stevens
Please click here
to view the bookpack tracklisting.