Perhaps not as well known to the general public, Bethlehem Records earned its place in Jazz history with the release of debut albums from artists like Carmen McRae, Chris Connor, Herbie Mann and Johnny Hartman. Besides that, check those early covers - pure art! Bethlehem’s most famous release is the 1958 debut album by Nina Simone, Little Girl Blue. So when DJ Maestro got the chance to remix this album, he was thrilled. Soon he got the idea to ask some of his favourite producers to collaborate, like Mop Mop, Renegades of Jazz, Gramophonedzie, Fab Samperi, The Reflex and Mees Dierdorp. One thing they all had in common: excitement to work with the original recordings from this iconic album. The result is 14 remixes, each with a unique approach to the original song, and all with a contemporary feel.
Little Girl Blue Remixed is available as a limited edition of 500 individually numbered copies on transparent vinyl.
1. Plain Gold Ring (Mop Mop Rework)
2. My Baby Just Cares For Me (The Reflex Edit)
3. Mood Indigo (Renegades Of Jazz Remix)
1. Little Girl Blue (Maestro Remix)
2. Love Me Or Leave Me (Suonho Relove)
3. African Mailman (The Rebel Remix)
4. I Loves You Porgy (Mees Dierdorp Remix)
1. My Baby Just Cares For Me (Gabriel & Castellon And Maestro Remix)
2. African Mailman (Opolopo Remix)
3. Plain Gold Ring (Fab Samperi Remix)
1. He Needs Me (Gramophonedzie Remix)
2. Love Me Or Leave Me (Gabriel & Castellon And Maestro Remix)
3. African Mailman (Smoove Remix)
4. Central Park Blues (Monte's Midnight Mix)